Read The Disappearing Girl: Learning the Language of Teenage Depression by Lisa Machoian Free Online
Book Title: The Disappearing Girl: Learning the Language of Teenage Depression|
The author of the book: Lisa Machoian
Edition: Dutton Adult
Date of issue: April 1st 2005
ISBN 13: 9780525948667
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 27.48 MB
City - Country: No data
Loaded: 2152 times
Reader ratings: 7.4
Read full description of the books:
Media, peers, and even parents send teen girls dangerously conflicting messages about what it means to look and act just right, to be good, hip, attractive, and desired. Frighteningly, everyday events can start a teen on a downward spiral. The growing rate of depression in teens is alarming, and parents must understand the difference between "normal adolescent angst" and trouble:
- Why silence reflects a girl's desperate wish for inclusion, not isolation
- Recognizing signals in problem behavior
- Vulnerabilities in dating, friendships, school, and family
Dr. Machoian also offers guidance for:
- Parents--conversation topics to help girls navigate mixed messages, develop their identity, make healthy decisions, and build resilience that will empower them throughout life.
- Daughters--activities, including the Emotional First-Aid Kit, that girls can use to de-stress and build character.
Featuring dozens of real-life stories, this book will show parents what to look for if their daughters aren't thriving, how to better listen and respond, and how to manage their own feelings of helplessness.
Download The Disappearing Girl: Learning the Language of Teenage Depression ERUB
Download The Disappearing Girl: Learning the Language of Teenage Depression DOC
Download The Disappearing Girl: Learning the Language of Teenage Depression TXT