Read Miss Mingo and the Fire Drill by Jamie Harper Free Online
Book Title: Miss Mingo and the Fire Drill|
The author of the book: Jamie Harper
Edition: Candlewick Press
Date of issue: July 28th 2009
ISBN 13: 9780763635978
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 713 KB
City - Country: No data
Loaded: 2066 times
Reader ratings: 3.3
Read full description of the books:
Perfect for National Fire Prevention Week, October 4-10, 2009
It’s Fire Safety Week in Miss Mingo’s room, which means it’s time to learn what to do in case of a fire. Of course, this isn’t your typical classroom, and Miss Mingo isn’t your average teacher! Alligator, Panda, Octopus, and the others work hard to master the rules of fire safety and perform the perfect fire drill, but thinking about fire is a bit nervewracking, and each of them reacts differently - often with hilarious results. Sprinkled with fascinating facts about animal behaviors, this second story about the characters in Miss Mingo’s one-of-a-kind class is sure to appeal to readers of all stripes.
Stop! Drop! Roll! Learning the rules of fire safety is a lot more fun (and less scary) when demonstrated by a charming and diverse group of animals.
Download Miss Mingo and the Fire Drill ERUB
Download Miss Mingo and the Fire Drill DOC
Download Miss Mingo and the Fire Drill TXT
Read information about the authorOnce upon a time, I was a pastry chef, and before that I worked in an office, crunching numbers. Writing and illustrating children's books is by far the best job I've ever had (well, that is, after being a mom). I fell in love with picture books from reading so many to my children. Then I took some classes at MassArt and tried my hand at making one myself. I got my first job illustrating a poem for Click magazine in 2001. Two years later my first picture book was published. Now I'm working on lots more.
I live with my husband and three girls in a small town just outside of Boston, Massachusetts. My kids give me lots of ideas for stories and the pictures that go with them. Every morning, before I start working, I eat one giant malted milk ball (I tell myself it makes me more creative).
Ten Things You didn't Know about Me
1. My favorite book as a child was Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish.
2. I always carry some penny candy in my purse, just in case.
3. Sometimes I sneak out to the movies when I should be working.
4. One day, I'd like to work for Pixar and make an animated movie.
5. I got the idea for Miss Mingo from drinking so many Snapple® iced teas.
6. My favorite part of a picture book is the endpapers.
7. I can't resist collecting things – my biggest collection right now is of magnets. When I was little, I collected pigs and Wacky Packages.
8. My girls, my husband (even the neighbors) pose for me if I need models for an illustration.
9. I love Mud Pie ice cream, especially when it's soft and soupy.
10. When I was doing research for Don't Grown Ups Ever Have Fun?, I stuck cooked pasta to the kitchen walls to see if it would stick... and all of the wall paint came off with the pasta!
Reviews of the Miss Mingo and the Fire Drill
Add a comment
Download EBOOK Miss Mingo and the Fire Drill by Jamie Harper Online free